- Snoop Dogg is adding to his huge collection of NFTs, valued in September 2021 at $17 million. On Dec. 8, he purchased for 1600.0 ETH ($7.022M) the NFT for “Right-click and Save As guy” by artist XCOPY, the highest purchase on SuperRare. The seller was 2Yeahyeah.
- Snoop Dogg bought his NFTs on OpenSea using the handle “Cozomo de’ Medici,” but he later outed himself as the one and only Cozomo de’ Medici.
- The Italian name is a reference to Cosimo de’ Medici, who Britannica describes as “founder of one of the main lines of the Medici family that ruled Florence from 1434 to 1537,” during the Renaissance. Cosimo de’ Medici was the wealthiest man in Florence and was a patron for the arts.
- Earlier this week, we discussed how Snoop Dogg invested in virtual real estate in The Sandbox and is selling plots of land neighboring his.
- Snoop Dogg could become one of the biggest NFT collectors and metaverse developers. Fascinating to see what he does next!
Pingback: Snoop Dogg apes all the way in, buys 1 Bored Apes, 2 Mutant Apes, and 1 Bored Ape Kennel Club – nou nft