- Billboard and Universal Music announced a partnership to sell music NFTs on the environmentally conscious Flow blockchain.
- The NFTs will be called Chartstars NFTs featuring “officially licensed art and creative including short visual clips from music videos, and album photography.” [More from Bitcoin.com]
- We expect 2022 will be a major year for music NFTs. Here’s a running list of players in the music NFT space.
MUSIC NFT Platforms
- Royal platform and 3Lau
- OneOf platform and Warner Music partnership
- MakersPlace platform and Sony Music investment
- John Legend and Vibes platform on OurSong platform
- OnChain Music
Musicians and Music NFTs
- Billboard, Universal Music partnership and Chartstars NFTs
- Steve Aoki
- Snoop Dogg and Def Jam Recordings
- Timbaland and Ape-In Productions
- Jimmy McNelis, Bored Apes and Universal Music
- Kings of Leon